Pride Month is the perfect opportunity to support these LGBTQ+ businesses in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan – June is Pride Month and a great opportunity for people to get out there and support LGBTQ+ owned and operated businesses in their communities.
Below is a list of LGBTQ+ owned and operated businesses in the Greater Grand Rapids area. If you know of an LGBTQ+ owned or operated business that isn’t on the list, let us know and we can add it to the list.
Barnes & Thornburg, LLP: law firm (Lawyer)
- Barnes & Thornburg is a full-service business law firm, providing legal advice and services in a wide range of practice areas for businesses in many different industries.
- 171 Monroe Ave NW, Suite 1000, Grand Rapids
Tex-Mex Modern Basalt (Restaurant)
- Founded in 2020, Basalt sold tacos, tortas and lemonade for breakfast at the Fulton Street Farmers Market. Now they have a permanent home in Eastown and serve Tex-Mex cuisine.
- 1450 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids
Budget brands (Marketing)
- Budget Branders sells personalized paper cups, plastic cups, paper bags, paper bowls, coffee sleeves and more.
- 4085 Marvista Ave, Hudsonville
Chelsea O’Day-Navis, MA, LPC, CCTP (Tips)
- Chelsea O’Day-Navis is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Professional in Clinical Trauma.
- 632 Fulton Street West, Grand Rapids
Co-creation advice (Tips)
- Liz Morgan is a Licensed Professional Counselor who specializes in helping clients deal with stress, life transitions, anxiety, depression and gender/sexuality.
- Originally known as Hair, Coy Salon is led by Artistic Director, Master Stylist and Colorist Cody. He had the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to be trained by Vidal Sassoon, Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Redken, Matrix and Joico.
- 1407 Robinson Road Lower Suite, Grand Rapids
Fox Natural’s Modern Apothecary (Souvenir shop)
- This modern apothecary sells skin and hair care products created by owners, Lucas Klein and Patrick Stoffel.
- 619 Wealthy St SE Suite A, Grand Rapids
Council Kerrie Clark (Tips)
- Kerrie Clark works for Pivotal Counseling and specializes in helping others process traumatic experiences so that what happened to them becomes a source of strength rather than an overwhelming burden.
- 5005 Plainfield Service Drive, Grand Rapids
- Lilith’s Lair is a salon that strives to be recognized for its creative and inclusive environment. They want to help people express themselves and feel confident through their expertise and creative direction.
- 5 Division Ave S Suite 15, Grand Rapids
Lotus Brew Coffee/Sec Bar (Coffee)
- Lotus Brew is an LGBTQ cafe and teahouse, gay mocktail and dry bar, and forbidden book cafe. They focus on local, organic and fair trade products.
- 781 College Ave NE, Grand Rapids
- Maggie’s is a casual bar and restaurant with a great selection of beers and cocktails and fresh meat from a local butcher.
- 855 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids
MI Drag Brunch (Dragshow)
- MI Drag Brunch is a traveling drag show that stops all over Michigan, including Grand Rapids, and offers a full drag show for brunches and other occasions.
Modulation Institute (Vocal Training)
- Modulation Institute is a safe space for trans and non-binary people who can receive 1:1 private vocal training from any location.
Outlook Barbershop & Salon (Living room)
- Outlook merges the world of barbers and salons into a single experience. They also offer many natural products, including hair styling, coloring and herbal care products.
- 1056 Bridge St NW, Grand Rapids
outdoor cafe (Coffee)
- Outside Coffee serves its coffee from a truck and allows customers to enjoy the outdoors in their backyard. The community cafe encourages people to go out in every season of the year.
- 734 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids
- Rebel is an online gift shop based in West Michigan. They sell products from around the world meant to inspire, challenge, lift spirits and change the conversation.
Label Rouge abrasives (Manufacturing)
- Red Label Abrasives produces abrasive belts, rolls, discs and more. It is a family owned and operated business in West Michigan for over 35 years.
- 7125 Whites Bridge Road, Belding
- Rumors Nightclub is a bar and nightclub with special events and dancing every night. The club is also known for its Sunday night drag shows.
- 69 South Division Ave, Grand Rapids
Ryan Townes, MA, PLC (Tips)
- Ryan is a counselor at the Counseling Center of West Michigan. They primarily focus on the LGBTQ+ community, but also enjoy working with women’s issues, ADHD, anxiety disorders, depression, and substance use disorders.
- Salus has been serving the West Michigan community since 2003 providing clinical massage therapy, skin care, and a comprehensive wellness center for body, mind, and spirit.
- 110 Chicago Drive, Jenison
spiritual dreams (Souvenir shop)
- Originally opened in 1994, Spirit Dreams sells gifts, gemstones, jewelry, natural aromatherapy and body products, candles, books, music, cards, incense, and art .
- 1430 Lake Drive SE, Grand Rapids
- Steel Cat Bar is known for “The Frost Rail”, a special cooling technology that ensures the beer is exactly 32 degrees off the tap. The bar has specials throughout the week and offers a 12-hour happy hour every day.
- 640 Bridge Street NW, Grand Rapids
The 12th house (Souvenir shop)
- Self-described as “hippie, wizard, local handmade art, gift, gallery,” the 12th House offers tarot readings, henna tattoos, astrology readings (Tuesdays) and Reiki treatments.
- 8 Jefferson Ave SE, Grand Rapids
The living room of the apartment (Bar)
- The Apartment Lounge has been in Grand Rapids for over four decades and is known for supporting the LGBTQ+ community. The bar regularly offers drink specials and organizes theme nights and other events.
- 33 Sheldon Ave NE, Grand Rapids
The Cakabakery (Dessert Bakery)
- The Cakabakery offers fresh desserts made from local ingredients at its Grand Rapids and Holland locations. The bakery also does custom orders at either location.
- 82 W. 8th St. Holland
- 919 Fulton Street East, Grand Rapids
The seaside resort of the dunes (Seaside resort)
- The Dunes Resort is one of the largest LGBTQIA+ resorts in the country, located between Saugatuck and Douglas. Originally opened in 1981 as Douglas Dunes, the resort has grown over the years to become a top destination.
- 333 Blue Start Hwy, Douglas
Tips Tobin (Tips)
- Tobin Counseling is a counseling center that does not follow a traditional therapy framework and instead says it focuses on relational, psychodynamic, feminist, interpersonal and systemic theories.
- 1 Monroe Center St NW, Grand Rapids
Windsor Cottage (Furniture)
- Windsor Cottage has been in business for over 30 years, providing home furnishings and interior designs.
- 923 Cherry St SE, Grand Rapids
Witte Travel & Tours (Travel)
- Originally founded in 1975, Witte Travel & Tours is based in Grand Rapids and provides experts to help you plan your next trip to destinations around the world.
- 3250 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids
- Woosah Outfitters is an art and apparel brand that features the artwork of owner, Erica Lang. The designs are handcrafted in Grand Rapids and are all limited edition.
- 738 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids
If you know of an LGBTQ+ owned or operated business that isn’t on the list, let us know and we can add it to the list.
►Make it easier to update with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.
Do you have a topical tip? Email [email protected], visit our Facebook or Twitter page. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.