City of Hope opens its visionary, comprehensive cancer center in Orange County, California, creating a national model for cutting-edge research and innovative treatments. City of Hope Orange County Lennar Foundation Cancer Center in Irvine ushers in a new era of hope for people living with cancer.
“City of Hope’s vision is to make cutting-edge research, treatment and care available to more patients, families and communities across the country. Our new Orange County campus does just that, integrating an academic cancer center into the heart of a community to deliver breakthroughs and innovation in cancer to generations of patients in need of our care. state-of-the-art,” said Robert Stone, Chairman and CEO, and Helen and Morgan. Chairman and CEO of Chu Chairman Emeritus, City of Hope.
A team of some of the world’s most acclaimed physician-scientists – with expertise in lung, breast, gastrointestinal, gynecological, genitourinary, blood cancers and more – leads world-class treatment and research. superior against cancer.
City of Hope Orange County Lennar Foundation Cancer Center was made possible by a transformational $50 million gift from the Lennar Foundation, the charitable arm of homebuilder Lennar Corporation. In Orange County alone, City of Hope has more than 15,000 philanthropic supporters who fuel its mission to fight cancer.
Distinctive clinical services include:
- Recognized expertise in oncology: Access to City of Hope’s 575 physicians and over 1,000 researchers and scientists who focus solely on cancer
- Vital clinical trials: Access to nearly 1,000 innovative Phase 1-3 clinical trials conducted in City of Hope each year – more cancer-focused clinical trials than anywhere in the region – to provide patients with promising new treatments long before they do not become the standard of care.
- Revolutionary treatments: Targeted immunotherapies, including CAR T cell therapy, as well as bone marrow transplants, minimally invasive robotic surgeries, and magnetic resonance imaging-guided radiation oncology. These innovations have demonstrated better outcomes and improved quality of life for patients undergoing treatment.
- Advanced technology : The latest and most comprehensive suite of market-leading radiology, interventional radiology and radiation oncology equipment, offering a powerful combination of high-tech and high-tech
- Integrative medicine: A cutting-edge integrative medicine program combining the best of Western medicine and evidence-based complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, massage and meditation
- Cancer prevention: Programs that identify individuals and families at high risk for cancer using genetic risk assessments, biomarker panels, and environmental surveys to help manage that risk
- Early detection: New blood test and imaging techniques that detect cancer at an early stage, when it is still easily curable. Patients will be among the first in the country to access the new City of Hope Cancer Prevention and Early Detection Centre.
- Precision medicine: The best genomic tests to profile a patient’s tumor and determine the most effective treatment for their cancer
- Screening and diagnostic services: State-of-the-art imaging equipment and procedure suites, providing patients with convenient access to mammography, colonoscopy, robotic bronchoscopy and other vital services
- A clinical research unit: The epicenter of experimental clinical research that accelerates the development of new drugs and point-of-care interventions, enabling patients to receive the latest treatments in cancer care
- Surgical oncology: An outpatient surgery department that offers advanced perioperative care, an endoscopy room, and operating rooms with robot-assisted surgical capabilities
- Supportive care: City of Hope is a national leader in evidence-based supportive care. The Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center at Irvine Comprehensive Cancer Center will facilitate access to a wide range of programs, including care navigation, survivorship programs, psychological counseling and spiritual, pain management and more.
Built for and with the community
The City of Hope Orange County Lennar Foundation Cancer Center was designed with input from more than 500 patients, their families and community members. Every feature – from gathering spaces and amenities to lighting, wall color and choice of artwork – was intentionally chosen to promote healing and comfort and ensure patients and their families get the best possible experience. care experience. Every employee is committed to providing compassionate care, continuing City of Hope’s legacy of taking patients’ hands and never letting go.
- 67 spacious examination and treatment rooms
- 15 consultation rooms equipped with the latest technology, allowing patients and their family members to meet comfortably with their healthcare team
- An infusion center designed around patient preferences with 43 bays and 10 private infusion treatment rooms. Infusion Bays feature repositionable furniture, flexible privacy options, and panoramic views of the Saddleback Mountains.
- Hope Boutique, a full-service salon and specialty shopping experience with oncology-trained cosmetologists who assist patients with personalized cosmetology services, breast prostheses and more
- A retail and specialty pharmacy that dispenses traditional, specialty, and over-the-counter medications, easing the burden of patient travel for their medication needs. Additionally, a compounding pharmacy provides a comprehensive assessment of patient needs and compounding personalized chemotherapeutic and non-chemotherapeutic medications. Specialized clinical pharmacists assist patients with medication management.
- A full range of state-of-the-art laboratory services in one place, making it easy for patients to obtain routine blood samples
- Feng shui design, art galleries, a healing garden, dedicated space for family members to gather or work, and programs to care for the whole patient – mind, body and spirit.
“With the opening of the City of Hope Orange County Lennar Foundation Cancer Center, we are delivering on our promise to the people of Orange County and changing cancer care for our family, friends and neighbors. Four years ago , we are committed to bringing the most advanced cancer care to Orange County, home to 3.2 million people. As we open the doors to our cancer center, our highly committed teams join the community to celebrate delivering tomorrow’s lifesaving treatments to those who need them today. Hope truly is here in Orange County,” said Annette Walker, City Chair of Hope Orange County.
City of Hope’s Orange County Cancer Care Network currently includes four regional clinics – two in Newport Beach, one in Huntington Beach and one in Irvine. The cancer center, community practice sites and planned hospital will create the largest network in Orange County dedicated exclusively to the treatment and cure of cancer.