SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — The women who gave birth to us deserve to be celebrated, and if you’re looking for different events to spoil your mom, there are plenty of festivities here in the San Diego area for you to enjoy.
- Animation – Chef Tara Monsod and her team will extend their hours at Animae beyond dinner service for a special Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday, May 8. It costs $80 per person and hours of operation will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The restaurant announces that it will serve an Asian-influenced brunch menu showcasing flavors and experiences that encompass Chef Tara’s AAPI roots with four courses. Reservations can be made here.
- Garibaldi — This rooftop restaurant inside San Diego’s InterContinental hotel says it offers a tantalizing Sardinian-inspired Mother’s Day brunch with a view. Reservations can be made here.
- Madison — The restaurant says its brunch menu features Mediterranean-inspired dishes and refreshing cocktails, making it the perfect celebration for moms transporting their taste buds to a sun-drenched villa in the Mediterranean. Brunch is served from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekends and reservations can be made for groups of up to eight people through Madison on Park’s website.
- Puesto – Puesto is offering a Margaritas for Mama deal, where all moms will receive a free Puesto Perfect Margarita, “a simple, balanced Puesto favorite made with reposado tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice and a splash of agave nectar “. Reservations are available through the Puesto website.
- Ranch 45 — The restaurant offers two take-out menus for Mother’s Day in addition to an on-site brunch. The first take-out menu, which serves four, includes the Benedict Smoked Salmon options ($88) or the Roast Ribs ($200) with roasted potatoes, Chino Farms vegetables and a gem lettuce salad, in addition to sweets including an Assortment of Viennese pastries ($35) or strawberry pancakes ($55). The second pick-up menu, which serves two, includes a Chino Farms Artichoke & Squash Artisanal Quiche ($35) or Brandt Beef Bacon & Cheese served with local greens, mustard thyme and vinaigrette. Orders can be placed here or make a reservation via the Ranch 45 website.
- valentina — Every mom deserves a European vacation, but if you haven’t planned a trip, this restaurant in Leucadia brings Europe to you. Treat Mom to brunch at Valentina, a European-style bistro and wine bar located in Leucadia along Highway 101 from 11 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Treat yourself to Valentina’s signature dishes, including Paella de Mariscos made with Spanish saffron rice, chorizo and mixed seafood and the special Spanish-influenced Mother’s Day Crab Benedict will pair perfectly with their long list of natural wines and bubbles from producers ranging from the mountains of Napa Valley to the hills of the Rhone. If brunch isn’t for you, Valentina also offers Mother’s Day dinner from 4-9 p.m. with a handful of specials for mom to feast on. Menu highlights include caviar, oysters and salmon with Spanish red rice, roasted zucchini and saffron sauce. But don’t forget the dessert, Valentina offers you a specialty chocolate dessert that will end your Mother’s Day in style.
- Lakehouse Hotel & Resort — Treat mom to brunch, bubbles and relaxation for Mother’s Day at the Lakehouse Hotel & Resort. Book their ‘Mom’s Weekend Retreat’ staycation package which includes a mimosa flight delivered to the room, a complimentary Mother’s Day brunch ticket and resort fee waived. Brunch will be served on Mother’s Day from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tickets are $70 per person and $35 for children 12 and under. After brunch, enjoy live music and lawn games on the Lakeside Lawn to end a great Mother’s Day.
- Barley mash – In the Gaslamp, Barley Mash serves up some Mother’s Day brunch specials. Start the morning with one of their specialty gins cocktails such as Day By The Pool and Spa Day. Light and refreshing, they’re perfect for a fun, boozy brunch. For the main event, try their exclusive Breakfast In Bed with fried green tomatoes, peppery bacon, poached eggs and roasted red pepper Hollandaise sauce, or go straight to sweets with their High Tea breakfast, complete with milk lemon curd and lavender whipped cream on a Dutch Earl Grey.
- by Dicicco — Take the family to a cozy Mother’s Day brunch at Dicicco. It’s the hearty Italian brunch you’ve been waiting for with items like Everything Bagel Spicy Breakfast Pizza or Lobster Benedict with Polenta Cake, Wilted Spinach, Crispy Parmesan Potatoes and Prosecco Hollandaise Sauce. You can also enjoy the fresh vegetable frittata, made with ricotta, basil pesto, toast and crispy parmesan potatoes, or Nutella Crostata. They even created specials for kids with items like 2 eggs any style and their fluffy French toast. Have a family brunch at a beloved family restaurant this Mother’s Day at DiCicco’s, located in Escondido.
- Fish shop “Fresh seafood, anyone?” Head to one of San Diego’s famous fish shops for a light and tasty lunch. Throughout Mother’s Day weekend, all three locations – PB, Encinitas and Point Loma – will be offering discount cards for moms to use on their next visit! Stop by for a chance to win $1 off your next glass of wine or beer, 10% off your next purchase, or $5 off your next purchase, and treat your mom to some of the fruits of San Diego’s freshest seas this Mother’s Day at the Fish Shop.
- The Perfect Paris — Le Parfait Paris offers its Assortment of macaroons in honor of Mother’s Day. The variety pack includes Caramel Sea Salt, Galaxy Chocolate, Vanilla White Chocolate, Sicilian Pistachio, California Strawberry, California Raspberry, Key Lime Pie, S’ mors, etc. San Diegan residents can order in person at any of Le Parfait stores including Downtown San Diego, Liberty Public Market, Del Mar, Anaheim Packing District and their new location in Coronado . Boxes of 12 macarons cost $35.99, boxes of 24 macarons $55.99 and boxes of 48 macarons $99.99.
- Belmont Park — Belmont Park is in full bloom this Mother’s Day! Spend the day in Belmont Park and enjoy vibrant artwork, delicacies, a flower truck, and live entertainment. Stop by the flower truck on Sunday May 8 where there will be flowers for moms all day. Treat mum to a specialty spring cocktail at one of the boardwalk restaurants, Cannonball, beach house, or Draftand order the Spring Buzz cocktail composed of Tito’s Vodka, Lemon, Rose, Wild Berriesand edible flowers or take a MOMosa, at a reduced price for all moms! Enjoy live music in the food court from 2-5 p.m. and buy mom something special at Markers Market from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- A paseo — One Paseo organizes a stunning floral pop-up with Floral Co de Posie. Offering flowers of all types, Posie’s flower arrangements will brighten any mom’s day. When shopping and gifts are done, treat mom to a meal at one of the many restaurants in the urban village. From casual dining at Tocaya or URBN to sit-down dining at North Italia or Nick’s Del Mar, there’s no wrong choice! End the day with treats from Le Macaron, SusieCakes or Salt & Straw to complete the sweetest of Mother’s Days.
- Cork and Knife — Stop by your new favorite local artisan wine and meat shop for exclusive Mother’s Day hampers or a personalized charcuterie board! Visit one of Cork & Knife’s two SoCal locations — in Escondido or Rancho Santa Fe — to order and pick up a thoughtful and delicious gift for your mom this May. Mother’s Day hampers and boards can be personalized for guests, with hampers including wine and other delicious treats starting at $50. Be sure to call and place an order while supplies last!