This is a piece that I finished in May this year and had a lot of fun with.
Size = 27 inches tall from base to tip of tail vertically.
SOLD AUGUST 2009
1st stage: Starting the piece.
Here I started the head first after making a rough sketch of the body onto a scrap piece of card for reference.
Now fleshing out the chest and back prior to adding the forelegs
Adding the skeleton of the forelegs.
Some time later...... addition of the backlegs and fleshing them. In all to get the positioning right I cut them off at least 6 times particularly to seal up and flesh the groin area.
After this... just the tail to add and base to make... I'll spare you the boring details...
The final finish was a combination of a weeks rusting (Welsh weather provided the rain... Though I'm beginning to suspect that the "Rain God" has moved into the bungalow at the top of the village) then heating to red heat and rubbing candle wax into it as it cooled.
This gave it a bronzed finish that some people confused with fake bronze resin.
Still ...when they commented knowledgably... and there are always some smug gits ....I invited them to pick it up. Heh.. heh...